Aaron Rodgers might opt out of the 2021 season

Mike2931

If he does that, he wouldn't play for 2021 at all. For those who don't know, players can opt out of the season for 2021 due to covid reason, or just not wanting to risk the chance of catching it. Rodgers could use this option to sit out the 2021 season, and I believe he would still get paid.

Do you think he would ever consider doing it?

Read about it here - Jsonline

Would be a crazy move if he were to actually do that. Because wouldn't he also be paid while sitting out for the season? That would be a big power move on his part.

That would be a crazy move to be honest, but I would honestly have a good laugh about it. That's one way to show the Packers off.

That would be a crazy move to be honest, but I would honestly have a good laugh about it. That's one way to show the Packers off.
I think he might consider doing it. But doesn't that mean he has to sit out that season? I think he wants to play, so idk if he will actually follow through with that. idk if you can actually go back to playing after opting out, but I'm not sure.

I really think he's going to take this option if they don't trade him. Honestly, he could also use this as a bluff to get them to trade him. When is the trade deadline?

That would be crazy if he opts out of the season. But it would be perfect payback against the pack if he opted out of the season. We'll see what he decides, but my bet is the packers cave and they trade him. They could be working on a possible trade as we speak.

My question is this, would he do any of this? The talk about him retiring is the most logical, as he can sign up with any team without recourse. But opting out of the season seems dumb to me, because it means he can't play. Sure he'll get a check, but he's already established it's not about the money.

He wants to play for another team, and the best chance he has, is to probably retire and come out of retirement for a team he actually wants to play on. That's how I see it anyway.

My question is this, would he do any of this? The talk about him retiring is the most logical, as he can sign up with any team without recourse. But opting out of the season seems dumb to me, because it means he can't play. Sure he'll get a check, but he's already established it's not about the money.

He wants to play for another team, and the best chance he has, is to probably retire and come out of retirement for a team he actually wants to play on. That's how I see it anyway.
Yeah it doesn't work for him. He wants to play, and if he opts out, that's the end of the season for him. I think the only way is to retire and then sign with a team right after if he can. Otherwise, maybe Packers will trade him.

I don't see him doing that either, as he's up there in his career, that if he doesn't play this year, that's leaving a lot of time off the table. He wants to play, so he won't do it. Also, he probably would have chosen retirement instead anyway.

Honestly, I don't care what Aaron Rodgers does. He can retire for all I care. That's all I see on the news these days. Rodgers this, Rodgers that.

Well the 2nd is the last day, I and I don't see him making this choice at all. I think he plays for the Packers this year. As much as he hates it, he will play and maybe even have another career season.

He's decided not to opt out of the season. I figured he wouldn't go through with opting out. That would then mean he wouldn't be able to play, and I can't see him wasting a year sitting.

But, what is next for Rodgers? Will he play for GB? Or will he finally get his way and get out of there?