Are sports too rule heavy these days?

DaveyBoy

I feel like each sports establishes new rules every year. I know the NFL has continued to make new rules and change old ones, and I bet other sports orgs will be the same. Do you think that they are making too many rules? Or is it fine?

I think to some extent, yes. There are some really dumb rules, but a lot of them are logical. Some are also used to protect the player. I think rules are fine, but if they go crazy with rules, than don't do it at all.

I think to some extent, yes. There are some really dumb rules, but a lot of them are logical. Some are also used to protect the player. I think rules are fine, but if they go crazy with rules, than don't do it at all.
I'm fine with rules that protect players. But rules where it can change the game in a way. I know a lot of rules have been changed because of horrible past calls, but I feel like there's gotta be other rules that we can get rid of.

I don't much mind the rules to be honest. There are some dumb rules, but I think most of the sports kind of forget about them, or change them often. I'm more peeved by people who flop in Basketball than some of the rules.