Deacon Jones led NFL in sacks a record five times

RandyMan

This is pretty cool. You guys know how some people have been working on correcting stats in the NFL from all the way back to the 60s, well they found Deacon Jones had led the NFL in sacks, 5 separate years, those years being; 1964, 1965, 1967, 1968 and 1969. And in 1966, he placed third on the list for that year.

Pretty impressive. I'm liking that all these stats are coming up, because it's starting to show that there are some players with records that haven't yet been established. It's pretty cool stuff.

Read more below.

I read somewhere else that a Packer player also got his stats recovered this way, and he became the leader in sacks for the Packers. I forgot his name though.

Makes you wonder what other stars from the 60s will have their stats recovered.

I read somewhere else that a Packer player also got his stats recovered this way, and he became the leader in sacks for the Packers. I forgot his name though.

Makes you wonder what other stars from the 60s will have their stats recovered.
Oh cool, I'll have to look into that. I'm sure there are some stats from the Browns in the 60s that need to be recovered.

Does make you wonder how many stats will get unearthed, and also if any of those stats will bring players closer to records we have already set.

I'm glad they're revisiting stats that were rarely recorded back in the 60s. Does make me wonder if any records have changed since they are looking to update the stats.

I hope they unearth more stats that were forgotten or lost. I'd like to know if anyone from the 60s and onward possibly overtook a recent players stats and records.