Do you think the extra game each year will help teams secure a playoff spot?

CarlJ

With the addition of one more game on the season, do you think this game could potentially help a team secure a playoff spot easier? Or is it going to be much of the same, just the best teams in the divisions and some wildcard teams making it.

I doubt an extra game will help, but you never know, it could be the one game a team needs to break into the playoffs.

I don't think it'll help a whole lot. Maybe it'll fall down to one game needed, but that can happen with the old schedule. It'll just give fans another game to get excited for and to keep an eye on for fantasy football. :D

Doubtful. It'll be just like it was years before. The best winning teams will make it, and it will also revolve around what other teams records are, who they lost to, etc.

I don't think it will change anything. Aren't they taking the pre-season game out so they can add an extra game on the season? I think things will go as they usually do.

Yeah I don't see why it would help. Yeah some teams may need an extra win to make it, but that happens often already with the past schedules. I don't see it making much of a difference.