ESPN taking Rachel Nichols off its NBA programming

DaveyBoy

So it seems that ESPN isn't taking the chance anymore with Nichols and has decided to cancel her show The Jump and take her off any NBA programming. This is likely due to her recent comments on Maria Taylor and about the potential of ESPN hiring her. This is what she said:

“I wish Maria Taylor all the success in the world — she covers football, she covers basketball. If you need to give her more things to do because you are feeling pressure about your crappy longtime record on diversity — which, by the way, I know personally from the female side of it — like, go for it. Just find it somewhere else. You are not going to find it from me or taking my thing away.”
So it seems that she was worried about some of the stuff she did being taken away, but she could have said it differently instead of putting it on race.

Do you think she will be fired by ESPN? Or will they put her somewhere else?

They didn't fire her, just took her off certain projects and cancelled her show. It sucks, but that's the nature of things. You say something dumb, you gotta pay the consequences.

I don't think they will fire her. If anything they will end up putting her in a new role maybe. I don't see ESPN outright firing her, because she is a talent they probably hate to lose.

If they do get rid of her, I bet she'll land on her feet by making her own shows going forward.