Is there a problem with players not reporting injuries, or even faking them?

DaveyBoy

I read this article via NBC Sports about how players have been keeping some injuries secret from the NFL. I didn't know this, but I guess Tom Brady played with a torn MCL in his knee in the 2020 season, and didn't report it to the NFL. The Buccaneers kept it quiet as well it seems.

But either way, I understand the NFL wants to protect the players, and when players don't report their injuries, there will likely be more problems when that injury inevitably gets worse. What do you think about this?

When i heard Brady had the Torn MCL, it made me wonder how many other players have done this. Not reporting an injury or keeping it a secret. They had to have known too, the team I mean. Because I'm sure the doctors look over Brady and all the players quite often, so they probably would have found this eventually.

It's because players aren't interested in sitting out games. If they aren't hurting, or it's a minimal problem for them, they will for sure put the injury aside and focus on the game. It's their own risk to keep playing, they know the risks if they continue to play as well.

I understand, but I think it should be up to the player. As long as their leg isn't falling off or they aren't severely injured, let them play.

Wait, people are faking injuries as well? That's messed up if so. As for Tom Brady, I honestly had no idea he was injured until now. That's a pro right there.

I bet Tom Brady knew what he was doing, and felt he wanted to finish out the season. If it doesn't bother him, why worry about it.