Sha'Carri Richardson suspended from Olympics for marijuana use

Browns4Life

Sprinter Sha'Carri Richardson was suspended from partaking in the Olympics after a drug test came back positive for cannabis use. This means she is unable to compete in the Olympics.

I think this is just dumb. The fact that marijuana is still this penalized is beyond me. It gives you no special effects in sports whatsoever. If anything, it actually probably hurts you more than it helps, considering you're smoking it into your lungs. And for a sprinter, that's probably not the wisest of decisions, but still, she should be allowed to do it.

idk, what do you guys think about all of this? Do you think it's fair that marijuana is penalized just as much as actual steroids and other growth hormones and stuff? I feel like there is a time for change here.

I'm in agreement. I think the whole idea that weed is still a banned substance is dumb. The truth is out there. Sure it's not a healthy habit to get into, but it shouldn't stop someone from performing in their sport. I think the NBA removed it from their banned list, and I think other sports are following the same route.

I personally think that because of this suspension, more sport organizations will remove weed from the banned list. I can see that happening now.

Do you think the Olympics committee will change their mind and let her back in?

She's getting a lot of support from all around the world. It's a dumb rule that is clearly outdated too. There are probably various other rules that would be considered dumb today. We've come a long way, time to change around some rules imo.

She's getting a lot of support from all around the world. It's a dumb rule that is clearly outdated too. There are probably various other rules that would be considered dumb today. We've come a long way, time to change around some rules imo.
Yeah, it's an outdated rule. But, I'm sure there are a lot of other rules that are a bit outdated by today's standards. The Olympics have changed before, they can do it again.

It's dumb, plain and simple. The Olympics are old fashioned, and take a while to get with the times. Hopefully they will chage their stance on Marijuana, but I doubt it.

The recent news has confirmed that USA has blocked her from going, as she was suspended. But, the good news, is that I think this is going to change the rules around, because I don't think it's fair. Marijuana isn't steroids. They don't enhance performance, if anything it causes more problems than anything.

Anyway, hopefully she can get in there the next Olympics.

I understand the rules are there for a reason, but when this country and world is starting to legalize it, I think it'd be best to just also reverse the rules on it. Soon enough, even Ohio will legalize it recreationally, so update the rules to accommodate. Didn't the NBA say it was fine?

Yeah I expect the rules to change very soon at this rate. I think the Olympics committee or whoever runs the show, knows it's an outdated rule at this point.

I doubt they will change any rules, the Olympic committee or whatever they want to be called, aren't going to change the rules around willy nilly. But, this backlash about it, may result in that eventually happening. I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

I wish these weren't the rules. You'd think they would have changed them by now, but of course they have to take their sweet ol time. I think they'll have the rules changed after this Olympics. Kinda can't change it now due to it being so close.