The Summer Olympics

Anton

Anyone here tuning into the Summer Olympics when it officially starts up next month? July 23rd to be exact. Are you guys excited? I am. Weren't they supposed to have the summer olympics last summer? Or am I thinking of the winter olympics?

I'll be watching some of it. Not all of it, as I can't get into all the sports. Aren't they doing the usual Basketball tournament as well? If so, I'll be tuning into that for sure. Wish they added American football to the olympics. That would be cool! We'd score gold all day! :D

I'm not too into watching the Olympics, but I have an easier time with the summer Olympics. I'll try to watch team USA in the Basketball side of it. I think they do it during the summer Olympics.

Who's tuning in? July 23rd is nearly upon us. I might tune in and see the opening ceremonies. But not sure I will tune in for too long.

I heard they're adding 4 new sports to the Olympics, they are:

Karate
Skateboarding
Sports Climbing
Surfing

You guys going to tune in to any of those?

Karate
Skateboarding
Sports Climbing
Surfing

I'm interested in watching surfing and skateboarding. Maybe karate as well.

idk, I'm not too into the olympics, so probably won't watch.

Karate
Skateboarding
Sports Climbing
Surfing

That's cool. I thought they already had karate in there, unless they removed it added it back in? I figured the rest weren't done yet though.

I'll watch some of the events, but not the whole show. I'm interested in seeing surfing and skateboarding too.

I'll watch some highlights for the olympics. I'm not too into actually tuning in. On top of that, this is in Japan, so the hours in the US are going to be weird. Probably early in the morning or late at night, idk Japan's timezone.

China is rocking it with 4 medals won already, 3 of which are gold, one being Bronze. Not bad for a start. No medals for the US yet, but it's just day 2.

China is rocking it with 4 medals won already, 3 of which are gold, one being Bronze. Not bad for a start. No medals for the US yet, but it's just day 2.
Yeah, I saw that. Still early though and some other countries could easily take the lead. But China is often good in the Olympics, so I can see them leading until the end.

Well, the medal totals have changed a lot since this topic was last updated. The US and China are tied with 8 for the most medals won so far. China has 4 gold, 1 silver and 3 bronze right now. The US has two gold and two silver with four bronze medals. I wonder what the totals will be in the next week.

I heard Simone Biles has backed out of the Olympics for mental health reasons. Not sure 100% why, but my guess is that it's a lot of pressure to be in the olympics, and on top of that, the amount of people talking about her on social media and the news is probably not helping either.

I heard Simone Biles has backed out of the Olympics for mental health reasons. Not sure 100% why, but my guess is that it's a lot of pressure to be in the olympics, and on top of that, the amount of people talking about her on social media and the news is probably not helping either.
Yeah I just heard about that. That really sucks, because I believe she was the best team USA had. But, it sounds like they were still able to win Silver without her, so that's great!

Yup, it's official that she backed out of the whole Olympics, not just recent events. Sucks, because she is one of the best, hands down, but I understand that we need to take our mental health much more seriously these days.

Yup, it's official that she backed out of the whole Olympics, not just recent events. Sucks, because she is one of the best, hands down, but I understand that we need to take our mental health much more seriously these days.
It wasn't confirmed at that time, but it's clear, she has backed out of the whole event. Sad to see her go, but this gives others a chance to win now I guess.