Think we'll use the franchise tag on anyone?

StanDaMan

Do you think that we'll use the franchise tag on anyone? There are rumors that we might do so, otherwise we'll be seeing a some players let go to free agency. These are all the Browns players going to free agency if we don't pick them back up or franchise tag them.

Those are:

• QB Jacoby Brissett
  • TE Pharaoh Brown
  • DT Taven Bryan
  • DE Jadeveon Clowney
  • OT Michael Dunn
  • CB Thomas Graham Jr.
  • CB A.J. Green
  • S Ronnie Harrison
  • OT Chris Hubbard
  • RB Kareem Hunt
  • TE Jesse James
  • RB D’Ernest Johnson
  • ILB Deion Jones
  • LB Jordan Kunaszyk
  • DE Chris Odom
  • C Ethan Pocic
  • DT Ben Stille
  • LB Sione Takitaki
  • ILB Anthony Walker Jr.
  • DE Stephen Weatherly
  • CB Greedy Williams
  • DE Chase Winovich
Source:

I think we'll be good to let most of these players go. Hate seeing Hunt leave, but Chubb has taken up the #1 rushing position and I feel like we're wasting his potential. Let him succeed with another team.

As for others on the list, maybe Jadeveon Clowney could get the franchise tag.

I'd rather they move on from most of these guys, we could afford to rebuild right now and should probably do so.

I'd rather they move on from most of these guys, we could afford to rebuild right now and should probably do so.
Yeah same, I mean, the only people out of this list I'd like back would be Clowney and A.J. Green. I feel otherwise we would be fine with who we have or are going to get from the draft.

I doubt it. Out of the players mentioned, I don't see us bringing any of them back. And I don't think we really need them.