Thoughts on Naomi Osaka not wanting to speak to press

I think more power to her. If she doesn't want to speak to the press or the media about Tennis or anything else, she shouldn't have to. I understand these organizations force this in a contract, and you have to follow it, but I think you should understand the pressure someone like her sees. People with social anxiety have it hard when it comes to that sort of stuff. I would never be able to stand in front of a camera and answer questions to possibly millions. That's scary, even more so with someone who suffers with social anxiety.

I don't think media days should be mandatory. I think they should be for those who really want to speak. Let them do it. It always felt weird to me when players were forced to do interviews.

I think times are changing and players aren't going to be forced to do meet with the media for questions much longer. I think it's going to become something you can skip if you want, and isn't going to be a requirement anymore.

No one should be forced to speak to the media if they don't want to. I get why they have players do this, because it's just part of their contract. Well maybe players need to consider adding stipulations to their contract, like speaking with the press, or not wanting to.

I think she should be free to not speak to the press if she doesn't want to. The fact they made a joke of it, and even fined her, is a bit saddening to me. :(

I say just go in there, answer the first question, and tell them that will be all. I think you just need to appear and answer one question, but I could be wrong. If anything, maybe they should allow someone to speak on her behalf.

I think it's dumb that they are still forcing players to meet with the media. I think people should be free to decline that if they really wanted to. I think this will actually help change the rules to be less of a requirement.

Or, they could try for a text interview even.