What are your thoughts on the Madden video games?

CarlJ

The new Madden NFL 22 was announced recently with a trailer and cover art. The cover art will include Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes. Aside from that, I'm not seeing a whole lot new with this franchise that hasn't already been done. If they just focussed on making a Madden that's a true sports sim, then I would be more interested in the franchise. But since they can't seem to change anything, I'm going back to NFL 2K5. :D

I used to get into Madden back in like the year 2007 or so. That's when Madden was competent and actually was good. Now days they cut so much and then later add it in saying it's a new feature. They only make the game now to swindle people through their MUT mode or whatever it is. Where you have to get card packs or something to build a team that you can take online or play via offline.

I wish Madden was better, but sadly I don't think they care to make the Madden we used to love.

The games aren't what they used to be. I remember playing Madden NFL 2004 with my cousin for hours. They had so many different modes and options, it was crazy. But now days, the series takes things and adds small editions years later. I just feel like they've gotten lazy.

I still enjoy the games, I don't get all the hate they're getting. Yeah animations and other aspects are very similar to last games in the series, but I don't think it's that bad.