Do you think Baker being in commercials hurts out chances?

RandyMan

I'm a paranoid person, and when I saw Baker doing commercials, I wondered if this was going to go to his head somehow and make him play worse. I mean, I see Aaron Rodgers in commercials all the time, same with some other NFL stars, but I mostly seem to notice the likes of Rodgers and Baker Mayfield. Either way, I feel like it could cause a problem for him, as he's trying to be a celeb as well.

Idk, maybe this is just a dumb topic. But I'm interested to hear your thoughts about players who do commercials.

Speaking of, Baker has a new progressive commercial coming that features Alice Cooper. So that should be fun. I didn't know Alice Cooper was a Browns fan, that's cool! :)

Well no, because has it caused any issues for the likes of other players? You even mention Aaron Rodgers, who does a ton of commercials as it is, and he was the league MVP last season.

I know some players let it go to their head and that sometimes messes with their game, but Baker played great last season and he also starred in commercials last year. So I'll say no, because he had a winning season last year while also doing commercials and other stuff.

Baker has been doing commercials since he got drafted to the Browns. I think he actually was on commercials very early. If doing commercials caused you to lose games, then all the famous sports stars who have done commercials would have all had issues playing in their respective leagues. But, a lot of them go on to win championships.

No, I don't think being in commercials hurts anyone's chances. If anything, Baker getting these gigs, is because of his performance. If he continues to play well, he'll get more sponsorships and deals.

I don't think it will change anything. I remember when they made a fuss about Baker being a celeb, and how it would make him play like crap, but that was already proven wrong after doing good last season.

Not at all. I think the whole fuss about him doing commercials and guest spots being bad, is just dumb. It makes no sense to me, especially with how so many other sports stars do their commercials, movies, music, and more.

Not at all. I think the whole fuss about him doing commercials and guest spots being bad, is just dumb. It makes no sense to me, especially with how so many other sports stars do their commercials, movies, music, and more.
Same. I don't think doing side jobs affects the outcome of a football season.

Why would it hurt things? I don't get that. I would understand if it was taking up all of his time, but it's not. I imagine he records commercials during the off season anyway.

Why would it hurt things? I don't get that. I would understand if it was taking up all of his time, but it's not. I imagine he records commercials during the off season anyway.
It doesn't. People just want to find a reason as to why someone is playing bad. But Baker didn't play bad last season, he played good. So what was the excuse there? It didn't make him play better or worse. So I don't get it either.

There is always that chance that publicity and doing commercials could go to ones head. I think what OP was getting at, is that maybe doing celeb stuff, could take away from his skills. I don't think you should worry though. I think Baker is smarter than that, and know what he's doing. He is making money, and doing what he loves best, and that's playing football. It won't change anything. But I get the point OP was trying to make.

No, and it's nonsense to think about. We worry about too many dumb things. This team is actually winning games, and we're out here worried a guy doing commercials is going to change things.