If Baker has to be taken out, will Case Keenum be good enough?

EmSimms89

With the recent issues facing Baker Mayfield, and his injured labrum or whatever it is, will they be taking Baker out if he continues in this little slump he's in? I hope he doesn't have to be taken out, because I really don't want Case Keenum playing. But, I think we are still in a good place with how this defense is playing, so maybe it would work out.

Idk, what do you guys think? If Baker goes down, will Keenum do a good enough job for us?

Honestly I don't know. I hate thinking about this, because I don't want us to be losing any other players. If Keenum does have to start at some point, I sure hope they protect him, and give him enough time to pass. Maybe he'll turn out to play good, but I never thought he was that good of a player.

Haha Idk man. I feel like Keenum is a good player, but I don't know if I'd rely on him for too long. But, we'll discuss more if he is in fact put in for Baker. But I don't think they will do that unless Baker can't perform at all.

Not after the way he played yesterday. Baker may have issues, but he shows up and plays when it's needed. I think with the defense out there putting up a fight the past couple weeks, he was afforded some time to play like garbage, but when a team like the Chargers come around, he steps up.

Yeah we lost, but Baker didn't throw a single INT in that game, and these guys played great out there.

Not after the way he played yesterday. Baker may have issues, but he shows up and plays when it's needed. I think with the defense out there putting up a fight the past couple weeks, he was afforded some time to play like garbage, but when a team like the Chargers come around, he steps up.

Yeah we lost, but Baker didn't throw a single INT in that game, and these guys played great out there.
Yeah, he played great. Even though we lost, it wasn't his fault or anything. It was a team wide effort and this team played great out there. It just wasn't enough against the Chargers.

Yeah, def no point in benching him after his performance against the Chargers. In the end, we lost, but it was a great game to watch. As a fan, that's what we want to see.

In order for him to be taken out now, he would need to play like crap again, and I don't think he'll be doing that anytime soon. I think he's on a rise right now, so I don't see him playing bad anytime soon. But, if they do take him out, I can't see Case Keenum doing that good. But if we can get back to playing strong defense, we should be fine until things get back to normal.