Is it time we got rid of artificial turf?

Grant77

After Aaron Rodgers tore his Achilles tendon during his season opener against the Bills, the sports world came out against artificial turf. David Bakhtiari of the Packers and a close friend of Rodgers wasn't happy about the news and expressed his concerns on artificial turf. It sounds like players find artificial turf to be a serious problem.

Do you think this will result in the NFL actually making changes to go back to grass fields going forward? Or will MetLife stadium end up injuring more players?

I don't know. It does seem like a lot of players get injured because of artificial turf, a lot of ACL tears and all that. I think half the league uses artificial turf, so why isn't it a problem anywhere else?

Yeah I think we could do without artificial turf. I played on on turf in high school and hated it. I'm surprised more people aren't injured playing on it.

Sounds like a lot of people are against it, maybe it's time to get rid of fake turf, but I never played on it so I can't judge.

I don't know if more people are injured are artificial turf versus grass. I hear turf is safer in cold weather, but worse in warmer weather. I don't know if that's true though.

Maybe there is some truth to it, but I think more research needs to be done. Also lets not forget that Aaron Rodgers is 39, his legs aren't going to be the same as some 20 year old player. You get older, you're more injury prone, simple as that.

I think it has caused more injuries than grass does. But I am not 100% sure on that. It sounds like a lot of players think that's the case though, and are looking to outright have it banned. I think if players don't like turf, maybe there's some truth to the matter?