NC State Baseball team out of CWS because of Covid protocols

This is devastating news, as NC State was just one win away from heading to the National Championship, but due to covid protocols and not having enough players, they were forced to forfeit.

This covid virus has been a burden on things for far too long. Here's hopefully the end of covid in the sporting world. Because it's destroying everything.

Source Lancaster Online.

Pretty sucky to happen now, especially at the cusp of just needing one more win to get into the championship. It has to be a major blow to the whole team.

Covid can leave now please.

That would suck. Imagine playing so hard, to get right there, and then to have it all taken away from you. That is devastating. And sadly, there's not much they can do. It sucks, because now these players are left without that chance.

I feel bad for them, because I would be devastated if I was in their shoes. To lose out on something so special and unique, has to hurt a lot.

I would be quite mad. It makes me wonder who was the root cause of this, it could have been a crew member, a player, or someone else near the team.

Here's hoping they can get there again.

Yeah, it's really not fair. To go that far and to go home with nothing, and on top of that, going home for the dumbest of reasons.

I sure hope they get compensated or something can be done to cheer em up some.

I'd be pissed man, seriously. Losing out on the championship because of covid. I wonder who got it and caused the team to have to forfeit?

I'd be pissed man, seriously. Losing out on the championship because of covid. I wonder who got it and caused the team to have to forfeit?
What can they really do though. What's done is done, they can only move on. :(

This has happened for some other teams too, or so I've heard. I honestly don't even count most sporting seasons for last year, due to covid. It clearly hurt things for the NFL and other sports.

But covid is serious business and if they didn't have enough people to play, there's really not much that can be done.

I hope they can retrieve that goal and get there the next time though.