NFL player Carl Nassib comes out as Gay

DirkDog

The Raiders Carl Nassib, has come out as Gay. He is the first active player to ever come out as gay. His team and fans are in support of him, and that's such awesome news to me. I am glad that people are becoming more accepted these days. Here's hoping it shows that anyone else out there who is gay, that it's okay to come out.

I hear he already has the highest sold jersey in the NFL right now.

Source - MSN

Good on him. I'm glad more people are comfortable coming out. It took my cousin well into his 40s to come out, and that was a huge challenge for him. But, we were super proud of him. And I'm glad people are accepting these days. 10 years ago people would have joked about it I bet.

The wave of support for him made me happy. This world has been so hateful, and yet, this seems to be drawing more praise than hate, and I love it. I'm sure there are other players in the NFL who are gay, and maybe Carl Nassib coming out, will help more sports players come out as well.

Good on him. I'm glad more people are comfortable coming out. It took my cousin well into his 40s to come out, and that was a huge challenge for him. But, we were super proud of him. And I'm glad people are accepting these days. 10 years ago people would have joked about it I bet.
idk if people would have joked about it back then. I mean, yeah some would, but I think there would be a lot of support as well. But I understand, because 10 years ago, things were different.

I love the support he is receiving since coming out. I'm glad to see the sports world changing for the better.

I love the support he is receiving since coming out. I'm glad to see the sports world changing for the better.
It's great to see. I'm sure facebook comments are full of hate, but that's to be expected with social media, there's always someone who's got a horrible take.

I think this will help other players feel comfortable to come out. I mean, think about it. We've had so many players come and go from the league, there had to have been a few gay men who played. Now days, they can be open about their sexuality. Back then, it would have been a lot worse, so anyone who happened to be gay, usually kept it secret.

It's a great change to the constant barrage of hate we see everywhere.

Good for him. It's 2021, I think we're a lot more accepting these days than ever, even with all the mess going on around us.