Candidates for Browns new Defensive Coordinator

Adam

After Joe Woods was fired, news starting pouring out that Jerod Mayo was going to be the next defensive coordinator, but it looks like there are three other candidates since then, and those are:

• Sean Desai of Seattle
  • Brian Flores of Pittsburgh
  • Jim Schwartz of Tennessee
The article below from Browns Nation themselves, discusses the best two options out of these four potential DC candidates. They think Brian Flores or Jim Schwartz would be good picks. What do you guys think?

I think Brian Flores would be dope. We play against them all the time, and I think having his expertise on our side, would be pretty good. But Jim Schwartz I hear is great too. idk, it's hard to pick one.

I've no idea who would be better. I don't really follow either of their careers. Jim Schwartz sounds familiar, didn't he coach the Lions at one point?

Not sure, looked into Sean Desai, and not feeling him. He was with the Bears and then Raiders as defensive coordinator and both teams struggled both years.

I'm kinda leaning towards Jim Schwartz, as I heard he was good with the defensive side, so maybe he can provide some support.

I'm with their original consideration in Jerod Mayo, he looks the part and I think he has a history of being a great coach to those players out there. Could be a good way to get our defense back into it.

I'm with their original consideration in Jerod Mayo, he looks the part and I think he has a history of being a great coach to those players out there. Could be a good way to get our defense back into it.
Looks like Jerod Mayo is sticking with the Patriots after they decided to give him a contract extension instead.

Looks like Mayo declined to interview with the Browns. Looks like he's going to stick with the Patriots.

As for the others, I honestly don't know who would be a better fit for us.

I hear Flores is being interviewed by another team, so the chance of us getting him has probably gone down. We have to make moves soon, otherwise all of the candidates will find new positions before we can find a new DC for us.

Browns are interviewing Sean Desai tomorrow. I have a feeling we're going with him. I was hoping it was Mayo then Flores, but now it's Desai.

Any news on their interview with Sean Desai? I heard he was meeting with the Browns today, how did that meeting go? I sure hope we found our new defensive coordinator. The longer we wait, the worse it gets. We may not have enough to pick from.